She was born in New York on December 1924 and attended the Pratt Institute and the Art Students League. Then she has studied in Paris with Fernand LÚger and AndrÚ Lhote and since 1951 she lives in Rome. From 1960 she dedicates to the painting and starts carving the wood and working the clay and the bronze. The following year she begins the activity of welding encouraged by David Smith. Well-known for her sculptures in steel of hollow and geometric form, she uses square structures and paints the interior surface with an only brilliant color. In 1962 three sculptures of her are shown in Spoleto in the exhibition "Sculpture in the city". For the first time in 1964 she used square structures in a monument dedicated to John F. Kennedy which is in Israel at the Weizmann Institute.